Six things that affect your car insurance premium
These are the six most common reasons for a high car insurance premium:
- Age and driving experience: younger people and people with less driving experience will often pay more.
- Car make and model: more expensive or unusual cars will cost more to insure.
- Home address: if you live in an area with statistically high insurance claim or general crime rates, your car insurance will cost more.
- Mileage: insurers calculate that if you drive more, you’re more likely to be in an accident.
- No Claims Discount [NCD]: a bigger no claims discount will usually get you a better price.
- Car repair costs: if you drive an expensive car, your insurer will assume that repairs will also be expensive.
Save time and money
Get a cheaper quote from top insurers
01389 60 40 60
Calling us is your fastest
route to the best quote.
Our Free Quote Promise
We’ll call you back within two working hours with our best price.
We think you’ll love it: but if you don’t, there’s no obligation to buy and no fee.
Car Insurance Explained
Choose the right level of cover
Third Party, Fire and Theft
The lowest level of car insurance available, this cover level protects your car from damage caused by fire, theft or attempted theft and covers claims from a third party if you’re involved in an incident.
Includes everything you’ll get with Third Party, Fire & Theft, and also covers you and your own car if you’re involved in an accident. It may also cover accidental damage that you cause to your own car.
Add the right extras
Roadside assistance, nationwide recovery, and cover at home to get you home or get you moving.
Protected no claims discount
Protect your discount so you don’t lose it as a direct result of making one single claim.
Motor legal cover
Get legal aid to recover compensation and financial losses after an incident that wasn’t your fault.
Courtesy car/Hire car
Get a courtesy car whilst your car is repaired, or a hire car if your car is written off or stolen.
Peace of mind when you’re driving abroad: enjoy the same level of cover in Europe, as at home.
Personal Injury Cover
Cover injuries to yourself, your partner and any other named drivers after a motor accident.
What information will we need from you?
Your date of birth, driving licence information, address and occupation.
Details and dates of any claims or accidents, and how many years No Claims Discount you have.
Make and model, number plate, engine size, estimated mileage, where your car is kept overnight.
We’ll need to confirm you’re a UK resident and legally entitled to drive in the UK.
We’ll need personal information, claims history and eligibility information for any named drivers.
What our customers say about us
We’ve got your insurance needs covered